Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Stitch escapes?


We exit the Animal Kingdom and head for the buses. Once at our stop, a bus quickly arrives and we climb on board. It is #4834, apparently one of the newer ones, with nice wide floors and side-facing seats.

As soon as we’re seated on the bus, the driver, named Bob, is collecting his things to leave, as new driver Kevin steps on board. We enjoy Kevin’s playful comments as he boards. He first asks Bob, “How did you get my bus so dirty?” and then turns to us and says, “It’s too bad you’ve got me. He’s a much better driver.”

Sadly, once we’re under way, the MIMS automated voice takes over, and we don’t get to hear from Kevin again. I bet he would have been fun to listen to if he’d been allowed to spiel.

The bus stops at Blizzard beach and the Contemporary before the Polynesian, but soon we’re out and walking into Rarotonga. I’m thirsty, so I plan to grab my refillable mug and then go get something to drink at Captain Cook’s.

Once in the room, we find that Benjamin is rather frantic. It seems that he can’t find his brand-new Stitch’s Great Escape hat, the one he bought just two nights ago at the Magic Kingdom.

He and Becky have already searched the room and our backpacks and don’t know what to do next. Benjamin is fearful that he’s lost it during the day at Animal Kingdom. I tell him that if he’ll let me go grab a drink first, I’ll check the pictures on my camera to see if we might find a clue of the hat’s whereabouts.

I hustle over to Captain Cook’s with my mug and fill it with root beer, drink a good portion of it down – ah, refreshing! – then top it off and return to the room.

Back inside, I put the camera in review mode and start browsing through the day’s pictures. I doesn’t take me long to find the last picture where Benjamin is wearing the hat, and it’s not good news.

The last time we see him with the hat is just before boarding Expedition: Everest.

No comments: