Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Lasting effects


We’re not even into the Everest unload area, and I’m ready to go again! I have never enjoyed a roller coaster this much!

I especially appreciate how smooth the coaster is, in that it did not violently toss me from side to side, at least not too much. I do not enjoy coming off of a ride feeling like I’ve endured a beating. Expedition: Everest is not overly rough, but it more than makes up for it in perceived speed and some of the most intense G-forces I have ever felt. It is a very thrilling coaster!

As we unload, I’m not getting much positive feedback from my fellow riders about a return trip. Oh, they loved the ride, too, but they’re just not enthusiastic about charging right back into the line to ride again. Bob flat-out says, “Once was enough,” and Brandon, while talking excitedly about how cool it was, doesn’t respond when I suggest another ride. And Benjamin… is complaining that his stomach doesn’t feel well. Uh oh.

We exit through the gift shop – naturally – and the boys and I each by pins commemorating our Everest adventure. I don’t often buy pins any more – I’ve got more than I can fit on my lanyard, so I just trade my less favorite ones – but this is worth it.

Benjamin’s stomach is not settling down, so after our purchase we step outside and find him a rock to sit on and a Sprite to sip on. Poor thing – he loves wild rides, but his stomach doesn’t. We had the same experience after Mission: Space in ’05.

While we sit and relax a bit, we discuss what to do next. We probably should be in line for the 11:30 show of Finding Nemo: The Musical before 11, so we have a little time. What are we close to here? Only one ride – Kali River Rapids. Hmm. That has possibilities if the lines aren’t too long.

Benjamin is feeling a bit better, but he wisely passes on Kali River, as does Becky. Linda is enthusiastic about riding it, to my surprise. Bob decides not to ride, but he wants to come with us to take pictures – and, he says, to spray us with water from the bridge!

Kali River Rapids is located further into Asia, the opposite direction from Nemo, so we’ll head there, check out the line situation, ride if we can, and then come back. Becky and Benjamin say they’ll take a leisurely stroll in the same direction, and we’ll meet them on the way back.

No comments: