Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Keyless


So Benjamin’s new Stitch hat disappeared while riding Expedition: Everest. I can’t believe we didn’t think to put the hat in the loose-items pouch, but I don’t remember doing that. Then when we exited the ride Benjamin was distracted by his stomach hurting. None of us noticed that the hat was missing at all.

The realization that the hat was probably lost on Everest understandable upsets Benjamin, but the situation is not completely hopeless. We can report the loss and hopefully they can find the hat. I also know of reports of lost items being replaced by Disney, though I tell Benjamin that there are no guarantees.

On the plus side, Becky tells me, they were able to meet Baloo on the way out of the Animal Kingdom and get his autograph. (Or would that be “paw-tograph”?)

We settle down to rest for now, but I promise Benjamin that we’ll go to the concierge desk to report the loss before we head to Disney-MGM Studios for supper tonight. Maybe at the same time I can add Big Wallaby to our dinner reservation for Ohana tomorrow night.

The rest doesn’t last long – a by-product of staying a Animal Kingdom a bit longer – but it is refreshing. At 5:00 Benjamin and I head over to the Great House. There’s a short line for the concierge desk, but in a matter of minutes a perky CM named Ginger is helping us.

I ask first about reporting the lost hat, and Ginger hands us a small white form to complete. So as not to hold up the line, I go ahead and ask about adding one person onto our reservation for Ohana tomorrow evening. Ginger tries to change the reservation, but it’s booked up and she tells us that she’s not able to add the person in the system. Then she says, “But if you just show up with the additional person, they might be able to add him in then.” Okay, that’s better than nothing.

Benjamin & I step aside to fill out the form so that Ginger can help the next guest. The form asks the usual contact information, both for here at the resort and at home, and then asks for a description of the lost item and the time and place it was lost. Thanks to our photographic record, I am able to provide detailed information on everything.

We hand the completed form back to Ginger and head back to the room. It has gotten progressively cooler during the day, and now it’s bordering on cold. Despite my Texas roots, though, I grew up in Colorado, so I don’t mind a bit.

At 5:30 we gather at the bus stop for a trip to the Studios – we have a reservation to eat at Hollywood & Vine. The sun is setting, and it is just beautiful with all the palm trees around.

A bus arrives rapidly -- #4909. Once on board, we are headed for a stop at the Grand Floridian before continuing to the park, when Benjamin casually says, “I left my Key to the World card in the room. Will I need it?” Um, yes! We’re eating in the theme park, and the card gets you in! Yikes.

No comments: