Monday, December 31, 2007

Weren't we just here yesterday?


Monorail Black cruises into the station and we board. Day two at the parks and we still haven’t taken a single bus.

A short trip later we disembark at the Epcot station. I’ve got the backpack this time, so it’s my turn through the bag check line. It’s a piece of cake.

We make our way into the turnstiles at 8:55. The photographers are there again today, but we just had our pictures made here yesterday, so we pass and walk straight back towards the Land pavilion.

When we arrive at the Land, Soarin’ is already showing an 80-minute wait in the Standby line. What’s the Fastpass return? 12:30? That could work – our lunch reservation is for 12:20. I gather our party’s six KTTW cards and get in the line – yes, there’s a substantial line just for this – to get our Fastpasses.

There are multiple FP machines working, so the line moves quickly. After I've been waiting in line about ten minutes, the machines are in sight -- in fact, I'm just about to where the single queue breaks into multiple lines, one for each machine.

Suddenly there's an older kid with a fistful of tickets trying to push his way through the line. Me and a guy in line ahead of me block his way. "There's a line," I say. "It starts back there," the other guy adds.

The kid rather unconvincingly tries, "But my dad's up there!"

We're having none of it. "Sorry, but he should have had the tickets he needed when he got in line." "See ya!" the guy ahead of me chimes in.

Funny, but we never see a “dad” up ahead wondering where his tickets are. Score one for the good guys.

By the time I get to the machines, the FP return time has advanced to 1:20 p.m. – PERFECT. We can enjoy a leisurely meal at the Garden Grill and be finishing about when our return window opens. I love it when a plan comes together.

Now we just have to fill the time until lunch.

No comments: