Monday, December 31, 2007

A volcano with all the amenities


The chill in the Polynesian volcano pool is keeping the crowds down, I’m guessing, and though I understand it can get crowded here, today we are sharing the pool with a dozen people at most.

The boys head out to try the slide. They can have it today – a cold front is moving in, and the north wind is chilly. I’ll just stay here in the water, dreading the time I’ll eventually have to get out!

While the kids climb to the slide, I swim over to the waterfall. Hey, I hadn’t noticed that – you can get out of the pool behind the waterfall, and there are restrooms back there. I’ve never seen a volcano with restrooms built in.

Brandon and Benjamin splash down at the slide exit and are soon raving to me about the slide, and how it twists and turns through the volcano – passing through orange glowing “lava” from time to time. As I expected, the worst part of the slide is the cold walk in the wind to get to the slide entrance.

Once while Benjamin’s off sliding, Brandon & I are laughing about the restroom-equipped volcano, and before long we’re singing a line about how “There’s a restroom… in my volcano…!”

It needs more lyrics. Pointing out the amazing fact that we can see Cinderella Castle from the water, I add a second line – “Cinderella’s in our pool!” Brandon protests that Cinderella isn’t actually in the pool with us, but it’s too late. The song is too catchy for a re-write, and it’s already stuck in our heads.

There’s a restroom in our volcano!
Cinderella’s in our pool!

No comments: