Monday, December 31, 2007

Awakening in paradise


Monday, December 31.
Our alarm sounds at 6:00. I snooze it once and then am awake. Hmm. Seems like I just got to bed a few hours ago. I wonder why.

But hey, we’re waking up at Walt Disney World! Benjamin leaps out of bed pretty quickly, while Brandon is slow to rise. I would have guessed the other way around, but they both surprise me sometimes.

I’m a bit groggy, but the shower is refreshing, and soon I’m ready for another day. Once we reach 7:00, Brandon pulls himself upright.

When we’re semi-presentable, Brandon pulls back the curtain to our patio. Wow. This place is gorgeous. We have a thicket of greenery separating us from a nearby walkway. We can see what’s going on beyond it without feeling like we are on display ourselves. Very nice.

By 7:30 we are all clean, dressed and ready to head to breakfast.

It’s New Year’s Eve! I’ve never spent an actual holiday at a Disney park. So far it doesn’t feel any different than any other day.

Maybe that’s because every day seems like a holiday here!

The four of us walk to Captain Cook’s and find, not surprisingly, that Bob & Linda have beat us there. They’re sharing a large breakfast croissant with bacon, egg & cheese that looks tasty. Becky and I decide to share one ourselves, so we and the boys head up to the ordering stations.

This is our first time trying the touch-screen ordering system. It’s fairly simple to use, and both lets you find the different menu items easily and also gives some different options on each item. When you’ve put in everything, it prints you a ticket to take to the cashier.

The boys split an order of Mickey waffles. Hey, they serve Tonga Toast here! I’ve set up our one breakfast reservation for the Kona Kafe upstairs tomorrow morning mainly to try this one item, for which they are renowned, and it’s available here, too? Okay.

We take our ticket, then go grab some drinks (I have my refill mug for a mix of coffee & hot chocolate) and a couple of chocolate chip muffins.

The food is all very tasty, and even sharing as we do there’s more than we can eat.

Soon enough we are done and go back to the rooms to grab our backpacks for our next park adventure!

No comments: