Thursday, January 3, 2008

WED Suite cont'd


Back through the living room, the room on the other side is a simple sitting room, with two comfortable chairs and its own television. I know from research beforehand that there is a Murphy bed in this room that sleeps two.

The sitting room leads to the master bedroom. Ahhh – the master bedroom of the Walter E. Disney Suite. Just saying it sounds luxurious! It has a queen-sized bed, two nightstands, dresser, vanity/desk, and another television with its own DVD player. There’s a big walk-in closet – or rather “walk-through,” since it also connects with the entrance hallway – with hanging and storage space on each side behind polished wooden doors.

Then there’s the master bathroom. Wow. I wish my bathroom at home were this nice and spacious! There are two sinks with plenty of counter space, a ginormous whirlpool tub at one end, and a separate glass shower stall at the other – with two shower heads.

And in the cabinet above the sinks is the suite’s fifth television, fully in view from the whirlpool tub. I think I’m going to have to spend some time there.

There are bookshelves all over and photographs of Walt Disney everywhere. It’s just all too wonderful. Our jaws are scraping the floor, at least figuratively, taking in all of this space and luxury and trying to wrap our brains around the concept that it is all ours for the next three days!

I’m still videoing, although already I can tell it’s not going to be very good. Besides the delay in getting in (and the poor quality video my cheapo digital camera takes anyway), with every new room we’re having to find and try the various light switches until the lights come on, meaning that half of the video will be dark.

Now that I’ve gone through all the rooms, I head through the sitting room for the veranda door.

I start fiddling with the lock and handle with my free hand, with no success in opening the door. After a minute or so of this, I finally stop the video and devote my whole attention to getting the door open. As it turns out, the lock is mislabeled. Once I turn it in the direction that says “lock,” I can open the door.

Brandon and I step out onto the looooong veranda. This is too cool. It’s just as narrow as a standard veranda, but about 4 or 5 times as long! Brandon has to make the point by leaving me through one door, racing through the suite, and then emerging 40 feet away from me at the other door!

I can’t help but think of our 2003 trip, when we were upgraded to two Category 3 (one-bedroom) suites. Because the suites were at the back of the ship, their verandas were actually both wide and long. In fact, Bob & Linda’s, at the very aft of the ship, may have been longer than this one. But this Disney Suite veranda has something that those in 2003 did not – privacy!! Because of the layout of the decks, people could look down on us from Deck 9 when we were on our verandas in 2003. Here, no one can look down from above. It’s pretty nice.

Of course, it’s also still cold, wet, and windy. Unless that changes, we won’t be spending too much time on the verandas anyway! (And frankly, when we’ve got a magnificent suite indoors, the outdoors loses some of its appeal.)

No comments: